Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cincinnati Zoo

While in Cincinnati, we went to the zoo. It's not just any kind of zoo; it's a zoo and botanical garden. It's really something to see. While there, we got caught in a downpour, saw lions, baby tigers, rhinos, bears, giraffes, manatees and bugs. This bug is a dead leaf bug. As in it looks like a dead leaf.

Stasiu and Pops (my dad) had a great time there. I think Pop's enthusiasm was exceeded only by that of a five year old.

There were also the most beautiful peacocks roaming around the entire zoo.
Remember the botanical garden part I mentioned? I thought this decorative grass with all the colors was just beautiful.
On our way out, there was a zoo keeper holding a scarlet hawk. She had her on her arm and stood there with her and answered everyone's questions about her. I thought she was beautiful.

If you find yourself in or near Cincinnati, you need to visit this zoo. It's not just for kids.

No comments: