Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Craft Room Vomited















About a week and a half ago I decided I HAD to do something about my craft area. It was out of control. I had built in shelves off to one end that were covered in books that could be better utilized for supplies, things listed, etc. I finally talked my husband into putting a bookcase in his office to house said books.

We asked our handyman how much it would cost to build us a bookcase and were floored by the price. Wood has gotten very expensive lately.

In the interim, I had started boxing up said books and reorganizing. I was well on my way to
getting ready to hit the holiday season with
zeal and lots of product.














Then, my mom has a great idea. She has a ginormous gentleman's chest that she plain doesn't have room for and wants me to put it in my overcrowded craft room. It is a beautiful piece. A bit impractical, but beautiful nonetheless. Plus, she is crafting alongside me now and buying supplies, so how can I say no?

My computer table won't fit alongside the far wall so we call our handyman to adjust some shelves to create a makeshift table for me and my lovable campaign desk will have to go into storage.















But, wait!

My handyman looks at my built in ugliness and says they are good wood, solid and there is enough to make the bookcase my husband wants and I get to clear them out of my craft room!! I'm beginning to think he has super powers. You know, we call him Super Jim around her and talk about him with our hand on our hips in our best superhero stance.

SuperJim arrived yesterday, took down the ugliness that was the built in shelves, helped me move my lovable campaign desk and is bringing my mom's gentleman's chest next week. In the interim I have this to deal with. I'm organizing and sorting as best I can. I actually sat in the floor for a couple hours yesterday listening to my friend's radio broadcast (see my blog roll) trying to figure out where to start. I'm need to at least uncover a part of my craft table so I can get some things done. I can't even see not making anything for almost 2 weeks, can you?

The pictures are a bit of what I have still to clean up.

9 comments:

Etsy Green and Clean Guild said...

Whoa! That's a lot of stuff to sort through!
How cool that you will get to have your bookcase. Nothing better than get organized. :)

Rachel said...

How exciting! I bet it shapes up to be a spectacular room!

Unknown said...

i am impressed with your resolve. i just seem to accumulate piles. your room is going to be beautiful...

Debra said...

Isn't great to work in a organized room.....
My sewing room needs a good cleaning.

RagsNehali said...

its fun when everything is organized and neat! isn't it:)

Anonymous said...

I love that "my craft room vomited"! I some times I feel like my how house vomited! You have alot of work ahead of you but it will all be worth it in the end! I'm very excited to see the result!

BeckyKay said...

This looks very similar to my craft area! I feel your pain!

Miranda said...

Haha the tittle made me laugh out loud "My Craft Room Vomited"..still giggling and I can totally relate!

TiLT said...

your room vomited and my purse area had an explosion...something is up in the crafting world...spring cleaning in the fall ???
Will there be after pictures?