Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Soccer Season Comes to a Close

Soccer season is officially over in our house. We had a great 7 week run of it. Stasiu did pretty well. This was his first time playing an organized sport. He learned to pay attention, follow the rules and have a good time. The coach he had was wonderful. Half the time he ended up laughing at the kids. How can you not when they get so enthusiastic about kicking the ball that they are 10 feet off the field and have to be turned around back on to it?

This is him in the blue sweatshirt. The number 10 was a great player. He almost managed to get the ball past him. You can see how much fun he had.

Earlier in the week, we had the parent, kid game and the kids all got their trophies. That was a bit of a weepy moment for me. I never thought I would be the weepy kind of mom but now and again it hits me. Of course, we all ended up laughing when every single one of the kids were spinning the little soccer balls on the axis.

The same coach is going to do this again in the spring and we are definitely signing him up. He had such a wonderful time and he learned so much. I don't know who had more fun, him or us.


1 comment:

DeAnna said...

(Got here from another blog) Your son is adorable. My daughter played soccer for the Y this year as well. She finally got the hang of it at the end, for the most part she only liked it IF she had the ball (typical 4 yr old, I guess. :) other than that she wanted to be picking flowers and looking at bugs out there. I noticed we're in the same area, and I'm not sure HOW I've not heard about the beaded frog. Probably because the only places I go to down town (with a 2 and 4 year old) is the bridge, park, zoo... :)